Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Non-Montessori Week

Dd is attending a day camp all week. I saw yesterday how this will affect everything. She has to be there at 9, so we got her there, it was a perfect time to go play in a playground with the others, so we did that, got home around 10, which meant it was past time for a snack, the boys and my niece played a bit with dd's Barbies, then it was lunch just after 11, my niece went for a nap at noon and it was quiet time for the boys. She got up after 2 and we had to leave around 3:30 to go get dd. It's going to be like this all week.

I could probably still do some Montessori stuff. I just haven't been sleeping enough and am too tired to be enthusiastic about it. I may have the 10yo next week and am thinking maybe I'll just hold off doing things until then. I can get some potting soil this week and some other things set up and start doing some more structured activities next week when our time isn't quite so strange. But I feel like I'm wasting and have wasted good time this summer to do some great activities with them. I think part of it is that I don't want to force them and my nephew seems to only want to engage in highly active, noisy play.

On the other hand, I think now is the time for me to develop the habit of doing at least one thing each day with ds. I'll propose a game today to find some things around the house to test if they are magnetic or not. There. My one thing. I'll report back later. :)

UPDATE
I did it! Yay! They loved it and it calmed them down for a bit. Unfortunately they are now totally insane. We did not go for a walk nor did we play at the park today. We should have. But now my sil will be showing up sometime within the next 30 minutes so I can't really go anywhere.

No comments: