Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Further thoughts on my work period

One person I tend not to include in my planning is my niece. Any school-type work I do with my son gets done before the others show up because he's off playing with my niece. Now, my niece is 2.5 and very, very bright. It dawned on me the other day, then flittered away, and now came back as I sat down to flesh out some ideas for tomorrow, that it's a perfect time to start having activities for her. I had kind of abandoned the whole idea of doing Montessori toddler stuff with her, but I've got a whole ton of Casa stuff she can do!

She's now working on one of the cylinder blocks. It's fascinating watching her. But she's now getting frustrated because she *thought* she had it figured out but is still making mistakes. She's persisting though. There's so much I could set up that my son would enjoy doing with her, too. The two of them are quite the pair; might as well put it to good use.

Hehe, I'm listening to my niece behind me. "It goes there? No. It goes there. No! arghhhhhh. You go there. Okay. This one doesn't work..."

1 comment:

Jane said...

I'd love to know other ideas for doing things with a 2 1/2 year old! I have a Montessori for preschoolers book around here somewhere - you've prompted me to seek it out! I tend to do the same things with Sam that I do with the others - just at his level....so other ideas specifically for him would be great!