Saturday, June 26, 2010

Now it feels like school is done!!!

This week was just intense for me. I worked on some gifts for the 19yo as graduation gifts and they took up pretty much my entire time this week! My kitchen table was covered in scrapbooking stuff. My poor house is falling apart, especially the den. But, with our little party done and school stuff cleaned out (although Bob still needs to come finish cleaning up his stuff), now it actually feels like school is done for the year.

Of course, that doesn't mean that learning is over with. With the World Cup, geography questions are popping up. "Where's this country? What about this one?" Dd's been reading and writing A LOT. Even been doing some poetry. She's done some nice poems in the past, but her most recent one really had "the feel", if you know what I mean? You could feel the storm she was writing about, the changes in it. Good stuff.

Ds has been pretty much in soccer mode. Watching the World Cup, playing soccer in the house, in the yard and for his actual soccer games. He's back to reading Garfields. Ah well. I have decided that I will have him work on his handwriting this summer. Just haven't figured out how yet. A daily journal? Daily worksheets? Actually, I suppose the best thing to do would be to talk to him about it!

Other than that, I really don't know. I know I've blogged recently about summer, but at the moment, I'm in wind-down mode. And get-the-house-back-in-shape mode. One thing I can say is that the little table got cleared off this week so the kids could actually have a place to eat. It's nice having the table completely cleared! I had kept on the table the little ones' crayon box, a little organizer with scissors, markers, pens and pencils, etc., in it and a magazine file with various colouring books, plain paper and workbooks. I'm thinking I will move that all downstairs to the shelves. It was so nice without it all on the table. Of course, that also makes sense to do given they only have 3 more days with me until late July--the little table is probably going to disappear into the basement at least until then.

All right, I'm going to do some unwinding before I start a crazy day. :D And once everybody's actually up, make myself a green smoothie. I haven't had one in days and I'm really missing it.

No comments: