Wednesday, June 06, 2007

oookaaaay

Blogger is all weird. I can't even get to my page and my Create Post page is totally wrong! Oh well. I'm trying to do something to keep myself awake since I still have two kids here (well, 4, if you count mine). My mind's too tired to do any school work. And I'm not sure what else to do. I suppose I could clean, but I find myself trying to figure out too much what it is that I'm supposed to be doing. lol.

So I'm blogging. What shall I blog about? Montessori. Okay. Um. Hm. I wish Maria Montessori could come visit my house and provide suggestions. ;D She had such a sense of kids, such a sense of observation. When was the last time I really observed the kids? So much time is spent just rushing from one thing to the next. I'm hoping that'll be a bit different next year. The 16yo and I have already talked about how she should be a little more independent in her math learning next year. She'll use TLE with MathPower as a support. Her brother's going to use TLE, too. We actually talked, he and I, yesterday morning and I said to him that next year, I'm going to push him a lot more. Not so that he's totally stressed, but I'm going to expect more work out of him. He replied that he wants to be pushed. He's been thinking more and more about going to school; I think if he were ready by the end of gr. 8, he might even want to go for gr. 9. I think he's ready to be pushed. But I need to be clear and consistent about what I want and how I'm doing it. The end of the year is not really the time to work on that.

I don't know what else I was going to say. I could really use a nap!! Maybe I'll get up, have a glass of water and clean up the kitchen a bit. Get the blood flowing to my brain a little more.

No comments: