Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday update

So far, two days of trying out the new schedule. How are we doing? Depends on how you look at it. lol. He was very tired yesterday and actually ended up napping--twice. So he got some auditory work and phonics done first thing, then curled up, then did some history reading later on and that's probably it. For today, I wasn't ready at 8 so that threw the schedule off a bit, but I still put in the auditory work and he got some math done, a sentence from a science book and composed a "list poem". Oh, and learned where Nova Scotia and Halifax are as part of the history book he chose (historical fiction on the Halifax explosion). So, improvement, but not nearly where it ought to be. But I was so unprepared today--hadn't picked out stuff ahead of time and my mind was just generally scattered. I wish I could regularly sleep the almost 8 hours I had Saturday night--everything was so clear on Sunday!

The 16yo hasn't been well and has been very tired. She got food poisoning on Friday I believe plus spent 3 days in a row sitting outside in the cold. Her body was weakened and is trying to fight off the flus and colds going around here. She reluctantly worked after a nap--I asked her what she wanted to do and she smiled and said nothing. I said something else and she kept saying she didn't want to do anything even though she knew she should. So then I said, "So, you want a high school diploma?" That was enough to get her started. But it was reluctant. It's hard to feel motivated when your body is shutting down, but I told her it was good practice for when she was in university working her last year of her science degree in preparation for getting into med school. lol.

Dd wasn't well at all this morning. Woke up with a fever causing a headache (she just laid there and cried until I heard her and came :( )and has been complaining of a sore throat on and off. She's also a little congested, as is ds, who's been the Crabby King the past two days.

So, let's say that this week isn't working out as I had perhaps envisioned it, but I'm okay with it. I don't know if it's been my recent prayer focus which has been to be a little more trusting or what, but I'm okay with it. It's nice to feel that way instead of guilty and stressed!

No comments: