Sunday, March 22, 2009

One week until spring break

I have one week of school left with my dd, ds, "Bob" and my 2 nieces. Bob's got a math test to do this week and some catching up. Dd and ds... I haven't really thought about their week yet. Dd is at a sleepover at a friend's (the 3rd night! I'm missing her!) and I won't be getting her until tomorrow afternoon so I don't really need to think about work for her for in the morning. Ds tends to work after supper. The (now!) 18yo is in the Czech Republic at the moment, although I do want to get moving on intense coursework for when she comes back.

In any case, that leaves me a week until spring break. I don't have the two oldest during spring break (not unless the 18yo really wants to do some work that week and needs help), but I do have both my nieces as well as their 8yo brother. I don't want it to just be a free-for-all--I know what can happen. Besides, there are so many great things I could invite them to do! But I'm having trouble of thinking of them. ;)

So, I invite people to share some interesting educational/explorational things I could do with the kids during spring break. At the moment, I do know that I want one day to be a Cupcake Day--I have a fantastic book called "Hello, Cupcake!" and we can try out some fancy cupcakes. We may also have one of dd's friends over one day and another one over another day. Hm... I might have more kids around here than I had realized. :) It's all good! I seem to have a need for lots of kids. lol.

Back to what I was saying: Share some ideas!! What would you do with an 11yo, 2 8yo's, a 4yo, a 16mo and possibly a 10yo or a 12yo during spring break?

4 comments:

Montessorihomeschooling said...

It's great that you are back :) Sorry you had shingles!

Holiday ideas ... maybe put on a play or a show? Art activities. Board games. Good books.

One Alberta Voice said...

Oooh... A play. We've read in different older books about how kids used to put on plays for the fun of it. They love doing stuff with the dress-up box. Great suggestion! :)

Thanks for all the suggestions. The more I have, the more I can offer. :D

One Alberta Voice said...

Oh, and it's good to be back. Thanks!

Jane said...

I agree it's wonderful to see you back Daisy!

Have you planted anything yet Daisy? You could start off some seedlings - everything from sunflowers to eggheads (cress seeds inside empty eggshells so the little ones can grow some VERY fast cress 'hair' inside the shells that they can then 'cut' and eat in their sandwiches or on salad (no soil needed for cress seeds)...or they could start some other seedlings....

They could also start sprouting some other seeds and compare that to the seedlings they are 'growing'.....

The Muttart is due to open very soon I believe although I'm not sure when but you could take a trip to another garden centre instead and then come June a trip out here to see how my bees help help pollinate the plants (we have both male and female watermelon plants growing ready for my bees)!!! ;)