Saturday, June 28, 2008

I feel like I'm deschooling

You know the whole thing with kids who are pulled out of school, left to deschool, and they don't know what to do with themselves because they're lives, up until that point, had been so dictated by everything outside them and they'd never had to actually choose what to do with their time? That's how I feel. Yesterday was my first official day of summer vacation. I gravitated to the computer horribly--don't even want to know how many hours I ended up spending in all--and just kind of roamed aimlessly. Oh, sure, I accomplished some things, but man... I feel lost. lol. Things had been so busy for so long and now it's kind of, "Hm, what should I do?" lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I know what you mean. I had a similar experience when I quit grad school to have my first baby.

It took a while to "find" who I was without carrying school around with me everywhere I went.

Good luck to you!