Friday, November 24, 2006

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith

I just learned that these two actors homeschool their kids! Not in a modern manner--they've hired tutors, naturally, which is a traditional form of home education for those who can afford it--but they've done some interviews and I found this one quote from Jada just wonderful:

We don't want our kids to memorise. We want them to learn.

And now I've lost the site I got it from... Ah well! Here's another one, with Reader's Digest talking to Will:

http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=31133&pageIndex=1

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Cool! Thanks for passing on the interesting info.

Correne said...

I read the whole interview. I never knew Will Smith was so interesting. I particularly like his attitudes toward success - it doesn't have to be all done today, just lay one brick, and his uncompromising position on marriage and on achieving goals. I have a bit in common with Will.